Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year.. New Goals...


Happy 2012 Lovely Peoples

I would like to start this post by saying... I am not one for "New Years Resolutions"

To me new years resolutions are passing things, people make on the spur of the moment (even with the best of intentions) and never keep, myself included. I decided on this step in my life about a month ago after another being informed I was being made redundant.

This is journey to a happier me, a life change and a pledge to myself that I WILL do this. There is no doubt there. I can be such a stubborn bitch at times and it is about time I turned that to my advantage.

After a lovely night with Mon Amour and my two bestest friends. I have decided that it is about time I set myself some smart goals for this round.

For those of you who don't know a SMART goal is a goal that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Based. I have used this format many times before when i worked in retail for coaching my staff.

My Main SMART goal for this round is:

I will lose 15 kgs this round. So that is 15 kgs in about 15 weeks. (the round is 12 weeks and 2 to 3 weeks pre-season). This works out to about 1kg a week.

Specific: Lose Weight
Measurable: 15 kilograms (roughly 1kg a week)
Achievable: Yes
Realistic: Yes
Time Based: by the end of the round or 15 weeks.

I can do this. I have done it before. If I lose more awesome but this is what I would like my pushed minimum to be.
What I mean by that is I would be happy with 10 but I am pushing myself to have a minimum of 15 because I can do it and I am not going to settle for easy.

My Challenge to you is......

What is your smart goal to better your life this new year??


2 comments:

  1. Great post! My minimum is pretty similar (and like you, if I lose more, great, but minimum is all I ask!)
    I hope you achieve your goal!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Skye, I hope you do as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete